Monday 29 June 2009

Unusual

Came across this and thought that it's unusual yet humorous. It reminds me of Alice In Wonderland and you could imagine it being developed further into this sort of theme.


In 2006, I made a portrait of my friend Sophie for my personal exhibition at the Emmanuel Perrotin Gallery (Miami). Three large statues of Sophie stood alone in the gallery space: each offered a particular definition.
When Thierry Costes proposed that I contribute to the space drawn by India Mahdavi, he referred to pieces that I had already produced. But while visiting the restaurant's contsruction site, spanning three floors, I realized that a vertical opening would be more spectacular and do the space more justice, as if the sculpture was pre-existent.

Xavier Veilhan, avril 2009. http://www.veilhan.net/

No comments: