Monday 12 April 2010

Fonts and Names

For part of the TALK stage I need to make up a press release along with images if I wish to publish my idea in any way. Before I can do this, I feel it's essential for the project to have a name.

This is going to be inspired the lomo range, in which their product names are all fun, playful and exciting. I want my camera's name to reflect this. It's becoming apparent that this is very tricky and I still haven't settled on anything yet.

I've also gathered inspiration from the fonts that lomo uses for their products. What I liked about this was how the font reflects the camera. For example, the holga is almost a hexagon with very angular edges and this can be seen reflected in the names font. I really like this playful aspect of it but not sure if I will be able to do this well.

No comments: