Saturday 9 January 2010

Progress

After my balloon and camera prototype experimentation, I have played with ways of taking images via remote. Using a circuit and battery compartment from a remote control car, I was able to attach this to the camera. By hacking the remote control car, I removed the motor connection points which were triggered by the remote to move the cars wheels. I then wired the motor output connections to the button of the camera. When the remote is pressed, the current will pass through what would of been the motor and trigger the button on the camera to take an image. This is yet to be tested at a greater distance to verify whether this will work when used within the product. All of these components will need to be lifted with the balloon so my first idea is to mount them all on a sheet of lightweight material.

No comments: