Sunday 28 February 2010

Shutter Sounds

I want the smaller detailing of my product to be perfect including the shutter sound. This will inform the user that the camera is doing something.

I left a post on a photography forum to see what the best camera sounds are and see if this would help me. The majority of the replies were from professionals who take photography very seriously and related to shutter sounds from serious cameras (slrs) and this isn't the type of sound I feel the camera should have. I also looked at some youtube videos which involve shutter sounds of cameras.







One way that I was going to do this was to record a camera shutter sound and then it would play when the user takes a photo but the quality of sound wasn't very good and I wasn't sure what sound to use.

I think the best way to make a sound is to use a click from a button. This mechanical sound is pleasurable and will reduce the amount of technology I need to embed in the handle.

No comments: